Spotlight on Shinyi Wu
Shinyi Wu, PhD (Industrial Engineering, University of Wisconsin – Madison) is Associate Professor of Social Work and Industrial & Systems Engineering at the University of Southern California. Dr. Wu brings an interdisciplinary training and expertise to her research on improving access, quality, and cost-effectiveness of health services and population health, especially for patients with chronic illnesses, older adults, and underserved populations. Dr. Wu creates new opportunities for cross-disciplinary connections to advance science and practice of health and social work services. Her work includes health policy analysis and economic evaluations, quality improvement and systems redesign, simulation modeling and decision analysis, and novel applications of information technology and mHealth tools for behavioral change and performance improvement.
- Designing a Text Messaging Intervention to Improve Physical Activity Behavior Among Low-Income Latino Patients With Diabetes: A Discrete-Choice Experiment, Los Angeles, 2014–2015
- Feasibility of smartphone use in monitoring pain and symptoms among patients with serious illness
- Phone Messaging to Prompt Physical Activity and Social Support Among Low-Income Latino Patients With Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Pilot Study
- Using Beta-Version mHealth Technology for Team-Based Care Management to Support Stroke Prevention: An Assessment of Utility and Challenges
- Obstacles of Utilizing a Self-management App for Taiwanese Type II Diabetes Patients